Wednesday 20 July 2011

Newspaper nails

How cool are these nails??

Photo_4

Not the golf information that is plastered across them but the newspaper print. I'll let you in on a little secret...they are REALLY easy to do. It only took about 10 minutes to do and although they are a little hit and miss, I still think they look awesome and a tiny bit of practice and they will be perfect. Here's the step-by-step.

First paint your nails, choose a light colour. You could of course use white or neutral but I love colours so I used this lovely light green Spring Mews from Nails Inc.

Photo_1

Next up, dip your nail in some surgical spirits.

Photo_2

Then lay some newspaper over your nail and press down to transfer the print.

Photo_3

Paint over a layer of clear nail varnish to seal, et voila. I told you it was easy!

Photo_4

 

You can do this with pretty much any prints so I'm excited to get going with that but for now I'll stick with these for a few days. For a lover of expeimenting with nails this is a perfect quick way to add a bit of fun!

No comments: