Saturday 10 April 2010

Making a dress...


As I said on my post yesterday I have been making a dress. Many reasons why I decided to do this but I'm pleased I am. Me and Mum have been working very hard yesterday and today and hopefully we will be finished tomorrow. But for now, here is sneak peak.

I already do not want to take it off, it makes me feel so glamorous. It's a 50's style dress and makes me feel like a mixture of Doris Day and Marilyn Monroe, two personal style idols.

I fell in love with the fabric straight away and when I bought it the cashier asked if I was making a 50s dress, I obviously got the right vibe from the fabric.

This picture only shows a little of the dress and does not show it off so keep an open mind for the finished product.

I've learned so much doing this dress; how to properly sew darts, gather a skirt, make an underskirt but mainly that pretty much every mistake can be repaired pretty easily when dressmaking.

Looking forward to showing you the final product. Watch out for it. Should be loverly I think.

No comments: