Saturday 17 April 2010

Costumes

I love those BBC shows How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria, I'd Do Anything and the newest one Over the Rainbow as they are entertaining and the participants are actually talented.

However what I enjoy the most I think is the costumes. Since a young age I have doodled little outfits and my favourite thing to do was to make a group and have them in matching but slightly different outfits, often the colour being the only difference so these shows with their costumes are like my dream come true.

The outfits they wear for their group performances are a brilliant example of this, these are only the Maria and Nancy ones as I cannot find any Dorothy group pictures yet. I don't know why but I just think it is such a great idea for the show and also has the sense of fun and tongue and cheek attitude for the dance sing and dance numbers.


For the individual performances they then change into outfits to suit their song but with their costume colour as the main colour which is always fun but the best bit for me is when they do their group performances that are not in the character of the show. In those sections they wear outfits that are similar but different; sometimes different colours, different styles or different lengths which is fun. This one is a shot from Over the Rainbow.



It reminds of girl bands when I was growing up like B*Witched, Spice Girls and Destiny's Child with the matching but not quite outfits. Actually I loved Destiny's Child for their costumes, not that I particularly liked the outfits themselves but that the theme was always followed through created the fun that was needed in a girl band like theirs.




I think overall I love costumes and they are always the biggest influence on my fashion and they are what made me as addicted to fashion as I was growing. I think a costume is the best way of showcasing true fun and passion which I think is the best thing about fashion. I think this is why I believe you can wear what you want when it is something you love and enjoy.

1 comment:

G-andy said...

epic! :) i like the over the rainbow costumes, v colourful!